CHRISTMAS BAKING

11/12/2015


Chrismas is knocking on the door and I have started baking gingerbreads and also Linz cookies with raspberry jam in it (gorgeous!), vanilla crecent rolls and so many others. I was so looking forward to this and now it's finally here! I just love the moments when it's cold outside and you can sit by the window, where the festive lights are hanging, with a cup of hot tea and a plate full of gingerbreads. 
If you want to try this milk free recipe, keep reading.



Unfortunatelly, mine are a bit weird this year. They supposed to be nicely thick and smooth and instead of that they are... well you can see how they are. Not what I meant them to be. I probably added too much honey and here is the not-great-looking result. But if you close your eyes, they are delicious. So, my advice is - use honey wisely.

For the dough you will need:

370g of plain flour
200g of powdered sugar
1 egg
6 tablespoons of honey
40g of coconut oil or margarine
peel from 1 lemon
gingerbread spice
1 teaspoon of cocoa

  - Mix it all together. It's good to melt the oil with the honey and than to put it to the rest of it. It will take you about 10 minutes to mix it properly. If it's still too powdery, add extra oil or honey - but not too much as I did. Leave it for a few days in a frige. 

For baking you will need:

Christmas cookie cutters
rolling board
baking sheets
cute boxes for storage

- Preheat the oven for 220 degrees.
- Roll the dough out. Make it about 2mm thick and than you can cut the gingerbreads.
- Bake it about 6-7 minutes but it's better to check if it's not burning.






This year I used my annual IKEA forrest animals cookie cutters. And for a change I also bought this cute ginger man cutter - I couldn't resist, hope you uderstand me. When your gingerbreads are baked, store it in a dry place - or maybe in a secret place because it may disappear very quickly. If you have a feeling that the gingebreads are too tough, place a piece of apple to the box and in a couple of days they will be smooth. 

In the end I wanted to show off with my advent wreath. I used needle branches because they usually stay fresh until Christmas. We used to make it from spruce branches and ... don't do it. On Christmas Eve you will have only branches with NO needles on it. Do you also make an advent wreath? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message