LOVE WRAPPED IN PAPER

31/07/2015



































I´m wearig 
dress Lindex
belt vintage
glasses like a proper bookworm by unknown brand
crystal earrings Black Swan collection by me

I'm reading
book The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Whole 4 months I have a holiday. Sounds great, doesn't it? I'm happy that I have really a plenty of time so I'm going to read books of my choise. During school year I had to read book for graduation so there was no place for fun reading. I was to share with you what I'm currently interested in (yees, I'm insane cause I'm reading 4 books in the same time) and give you tips for summer reading.


The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
I suppose this book needs no introduction. I read it so many times in Czech and because my love is strong I wanted to have a look at it in English as well. Reading The Hobbit is a good way how to improve your vocabulary - it's because Tolkien was linguist therefore it's full of various and sometimes even noble words. My copy contains Tolkien's drawings and also the first chapter of LOTR. In English I love The Hobbit even more!


Japan Through the Looking Glass by Alan Macfarlane
It's not a travelogue, it's not a novel and it't not even a expert publication. I am interested in traditional Japan especially in Japanese art, cuisine, japanese gardens and kimonos. This book is a guide into thinking of Japan. There are explained their traditions, why they eat mainly fish and rice, how the society is structured and also influences of western countries. I can also recomend you a book called Geisha, but not that novel even though I like it very much, written by american anthropologist Liza Dalby who became the first western geisha in Kyoto.


An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
I won't tell you the plot because I don't know it yet and I can say tha reading John Green in the origin language is a good way how to start reading in English. My first book from him was, surprisingly, The Fault in Our Stars and I was enjoying reading it no matter I had to translate a few words on every page. So, I'm looking forward to finishing this one.


Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward
You have already saw it there, in the post about milk allergy. I already tried a few recipes and they were delicious! I fell in love with all desserts, because I just love cakes, cookies... The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't find any medjool date in any shop in our town and Ella uses them everywhere. Probably, I'll have to order them on the internet...


AND MORE SUMMER BOOKS OF MY HEART


Three Man in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) by Jerome Klapka Jerome
I have to laugh when I even think about the book. If you are a fan of british humor this is book just for you. I don't remember when I laught aloud while reading a book. The story is obviously about three friends who want to go to a vacation together. They decide to ride down the river Thames and of course small disasters follow them too. One tip for czech readers: find an older translation of it because it's more funny that the new one!


Girl, nearly 16: Absolute Torture 
Zoe and Chloe: Out to Lunch both by Sue Limb
Sue Limb's series abour Jess Jordan and Zoe and Chloe are mainly for teen girls but I have to admit I still like to read them even though I'm nearly 20. Both books are about summer holidays, Jess Jordan travels to visit her Dad to St. Ives in Cornwall, with her slightly crazy mum and grandma. Jess of course hates every minut of this trip because mum still makes her to see old castles and nature beauties and grandma always carries an urn with Jess's grandpa and talks how they met in a small village in Cornwall. And all Jess wants is to be with her beloved boyfriend Fred.

And Zoe and Chloe want to go to vacation to Newquay but Zoe's mum consider this idea stupid. Zoe is determined to go and she tries to find a way how to go and have a nice holiday with her friends. Will she go? You have to find out.


Mr. Rosenblum's list by Natasha Solomons
The story sets in 30s - 50s in England and it shows effort of Jewish emigrant how to became a proper englishman. It follows his life story how he started his own business and how he builded a golf field, because proper englishmen must play golf!


I hope, I didn't bore you with this long text and perhaps I gave you a useful tips for holiday books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message